- Previous supervisory and management experience (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of NIH and other agencies pre-award proposal submission processes and duties (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and Cayuse (strongly preferred)
- Previous experience in research administration in an academic / higher education institution (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated commitment to faculty/PI service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task with time-sensitive and competing demands
- Ability to collaborate with other units to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements to which grants and contracts are subject to and to confirm that all pre-award activities are handled accordingly.
- Strong aptitude and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with faculty, staff, partners, and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to problem solve under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse community and with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Sophisticated conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of post-award processes
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran’s status, or any factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.